**COVID VACCINE UPDATE**
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recommended a pause on the use of Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine following six reported cases in the United States of a rare blood clotting event. The Connecticut Department of Public Health has recommended that vaccine providers in the state pause for the time being while the FDA and CDC complete their review. Click here to read the Connecticut Department of Public Health statement.
- Please Note April 16th Vaccination Clinic Changes: The WWHD is able to substitute with the Moderna vaccine for the April 16th clinic because we have a limited supply of the Moderna vaccine on hand. Our vaccine allotment is determined by the State of Connecticut Department of Public Health.
- April 16, 2021 Clinic – Moderna
- New Location: Westport Weston Health District, 180 Bayberry Lane, Westport
- Time: Those with scheduled appointments should keep their original time slot
We await further guidance from the CDC, FDA, and the State of Connecticut Department of Public Health to determine plans for the upcoming WWHD Johnson & Johnson clinics scheduled for April 21st and April 28th at the Westport Center for Senior Activities. Please check back for updated information about those dates.
How to schedule a vaccine appointment in Connecticut:
All individuals 16 years of age and older who live, work, or attend school in Connecticut are now eligible to sign-up for vaccinations; please note that currently only the Pfizer vaccine has received emergency approval for administration to children ages 16 and 17. Available appointment slots for WWHD clinics can be found through the VAMS system. Appointments fill up quickly but we will continue to add appointments in VAMS as supplies become available.
- Click here to find a vaccine provider near you and book an appointment. 1) Enter your zip code, 2) Choose a provider from the list of options, use that provider’s scheduling system to make an appointment.
- To register for an appointment on the telephone, call Connecticut’s COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment Assist Line at 877-918-2224.
For the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 vaccination distribution plans in Connecticut, visit ct.gov/covidvaccine.
We will continue to update this webpage as new information is made available.
The Westport Weston Health District strives to promote health and well-being, prevent disease, and ensure a clean and safe environment for the communities we serve.
The Health District is open and observes COVID safety protocols. Visitors must wear a mask.
Monday – Friday 8:30AM to 4:30PM
**To report a public health emergency after business hours, please call:
Westport Dispatch: 203-341-6000
Weston Communications Center: 203-222-2600