The Westport Weston Health District, located at 180 Bayberry Lane, has flu vaccination available. Please call for (203) 227-9571 to make an appointment. the vaccine is available to anyone 6 months of age or older wishing to be vaccinated. To save time you may download your permission form here.
Quadrivalent flu and Trivalent high-dose flu vaccine will be available; all flu vaccines offered are preservative free.This year, the types of flu vaccines are for persons 6 months and older, and high dose vaccine for persons 65 years and older. High dose vaccine has been shown to improve the production of antibodies, thus providing a stronger immune response against the flu.
The cost for seasonal vaccine is $45 and high-dose is $70 cash. We only accept Medicare Part B, Aetna, Cigna, and Connecticare insurances. Participants must bring their insurance cards to the clinic for billing purposes.
The Health District will provide Fluarix vaccine manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline and Fluzone vaccine manufactured by Sanofi. This year’s vaccine contains the A/Michigan (H1N1)-like, A/Hong Kong (H3N2)-like, B/Phuket (quadrivalent only), and B/Brisbane virus strains which are thought to most likely occur in the United States.
- Wear clothing with loose sleeves or short sleeves.
- Check with your doctor if you have a severe egg, chicken, or thimerosal allergy, may be pregnant, are ill with fever, or have/had Guillain-Barre Syndrome.
- No one will be refused vaccination due to inability to pay.
- The flu vaccine takes up to two weeks to be fully effective.
- It is never too late to receive the flu shot, flu season typically peaks in January or later.