When traveling outside the United States, you must take certain precautions to ensure the safety and health of you and your family. The Westport Weston Health District can assist you in determining your need for immunizations and preventive measures before you travel.
The Health District Traveler’s Immunization Clinic offers vaccinations, preventive medications, counseling to prevent travel illnesses, and a computer printout listing country advisories, consular information and immunization requirements.
Available from the clinic are vaccines for Typhoid, Rabies Pre-exposure, Polio Booster, Yellow Fever, Meningococcal disease, Japanese Encephalitis, Hepatitis A and B, along with general adult immunizations boosters.We also issue Yellow Fever certificates, as well as prescriptions for malaria pills, altitude sickness, and antibiotics as needed.
- The clinic will operate by appointment four times per month or more, if necessary, for 2-3 hours at a time.
- Appointments will be made by the Public Health Nurse or designated staff.
- Clinic is staffed by a Physician, R.N., and an administrative secretary.
- Fees payable by cash, MasterCard/Visa or personal check.
- If an appointment is cancelled, the cancellation must be made within 24 hours, or an office visit charge will be issued.
- Appointments should be scheduled four to six weeks before date of departure to ensure maximum effectiveness of medications given.
For more information or to make an appointment call (203) 227-9571.
- Download our Travel Clinic worksheet to fill out and bring to the clinic [pdf]
- Download our Travel Clinic Form (repeat visit) if you’ve previously been to the clinic [pdf]
- Download our Trip Check List of helpful supplies to bring with you to protect your health.
- Information on International Travel can be found at this site.